Books, music and lyrics by
Musical direction by
April COVID-19 Update: as we all do our bit to keep safe from COVID-19, we have made the heartbreaking decision to cancel our upcoming season of RENT. It would have been fantastic to re-open with this high energy musical, but great things take time, and for us to bring forth this production to the stage in June, our teams would need to be in the early stages of production now. All ticketholders are being contacted with information around credits, refunds or donations. You can read more about this decision and our other COVID-19 changes here.
Brave in the face of danger; loving when confronted by hate and hopeful against all odds, Rent is one of the most uplifting and beloved musicals ever.
This ground-breaking production follows a group of artists struggling and striving to follow their dreams in New York City against a backdrop of poverty, looming gentrification and the AIDS crisis of the 1990s.
A pop-culture phenomenon, this Pulitzer Prize winner is packed with high-energy musical numbers, including revered hits Seasons of Love, Take Me or Leave Me and La Vie Bohème.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS PLAY
“Jonathan Larson’s pioneering Rent is a work of diversity and friendship that is ripe to revive. It is a vehicle that will allow The Court to do what it does best: the creation of superb musical theatre.”
Artistic Adviser/Lead Director, Ross Gumbley
- 19 November 2022: Opening night
- 21 November 2022: Forum - a special performance where audiences get to ask cast and crew questions after the show
- 22 November 2022: Pay What You Can
- 17 December 2022: Matinee performance at 2pm
- 31 December 2022: Matinee performance at 4pm
- 21 January 2023: Matinee performance at 2pm
- 21 January 2023: Closing night
- Adult $77 - $86
- Senior (65+) $70 - $77
- Group (6+) $73
- Friends of The Court Theatre $69 - $75
- Child (under 18) $40 - $43
- Community Services or Hāpai Access cardholders $39
- 30 Below (aged 30 & under. Limited numbers available) $30
Subscriptions for our 2022 Ryman Healthcare Season are also still open now, giving you priority bookings, discounted tickets and more when purchasing tickets to three or more mainstage shows.
- Media Release
KAI AT THE COURT