Ben Freeth has immersed himself in theatre since graduating from the National Academy of Singing and Dramatic Art (NASDA) with a Bachelor of Performing Arts.
His previous Court Theatre credits as an actor include Romeo and Juliet; Mary Poppins; Cops and Robbers; Legally Blonde the Musical; The Ugly Duckling; Chicago; Titus Andronicus; Jesus Christ Superstar and Les Liaisons Dangereuses, in which he also worked as intern director. His other theatre credits include Once on Chunuk Bair (Imagine Charitable Trust); RAP-unzel; Botfarm 2014 (New Zealand Playhouse); Mamma Mia; Wicked and Les Misérables (Showbiz Christchurch).
Ben’s stage management credits include Catch Me If You Can; Severely Queer: A Little Gay Cabaret (Blackboard Theatre Collective); Sweet Charity; Ragtime (NASDA); Songs for a New World (So Keen Productions); The Father (The Court Theatre) and he served as assistant stage manager on Hudson & Halls Live!
His directing credits include Time Machine; Crash Bash: Reaction (The Court Theatre) and Bechdel Test: An Evening of Women in Theatre (Blackboard Theatre Collective).
Ben and a number of his talented colleagues founded the Christchurch-based theatre company, Blackboard Theatre Collective.
He is a proud member of Equity New Zealand.
- 2019 - The Wind in the Willows - Rabbit Robert / Motorist Rupert / Policeman
- 2019 - The Father - Stage Manager
- 2019 - Les Liaisons Dangereuses - Major-domo
- 2019 - Time Machine - Director
- 2019 - Crash Bash: Reaction - Director/Stage Manager/Operator
- 2018 - Jesus Christ Superstar - Thomas
- 2018 - The Early Early Late Show - Stage Manager/Operator
- 2018 - Titus Andronicus - Ciron
- 2017 - Chicago - Harry/Clerk
- 2017 - The Ugly Duckling - Actor/Puppeteer
- 2017 - Hudson & Halls Live! - Assistant Stage Manager
- 2016 - Legally Blonde the Musical - Aaron
- 2016 - Cops and Robbers - Papa / Newspaper Boy
- 2015 - Mary Poppins - Northbrook / Ensemble
- 2015 - Romeo & Juliet - Benvolio & Apothecary
- 2015 - Mrs McGinty and the Bizarre Plant - Zach
- 2013 - The Mikado - Ensemble