Grant began his career in theatre at The Court in 1988, spending four years as a lighting/ sound designer and some time as a stage manager.
His previous Court Theatre credits include Arcadia; Larnach; Treasure Island; The Producers; Grease; The Mikado; Mary Poppins; Legally Blonde the Musical and Chicago. His other theatre credits include Madama Butterfly (Canterbury Opera); Les Misérables; Miss Saigon; Spamalot; Mamma Mia (Showbiz Christchurch); Phantom of the Opera (Showbiz Christchurch, Musical Theatre Dunedin); Priscilla, Queen of the Desert and Wicked (Showbiz Christchurch).
For the last 20 years Grant has been co-owner of The Light Site, designing and supplying lighting for theatre, outdoor events, themed dinners, product launches and corporate events. He also tutors for schools and theatre groups, and his work includes feature architectural lighting.
- 2018 - Jesus Christ Superstar - Lighting Designer
- 2017 - Chicago - Lighting Designer
- 2016 - Legally Blonde the Musical - Lighting Designer
- 2015 - Mary Poppins - Lighting Designer
- 2013 - The Mikado - Lighting Designer
- 2012 - Grease - Lighting Designer
- 2011 - A Shortcut to Happiness - Lighting Designer