Grant began his career in theatre at The Court in 1988, spending four years as a lighting/ sound designer and some time as a stage manager.
His previous Court Theatre credits include Arcadia; Larnach; Treasure Island; The Producers; Grease; The Mikado; Mary Poppins; Legally Blonde the Musical; Chicago and Jesus Christ Superstar. His other theatre credits include Madama Butterfly (Canterbury Opera); Les Misérables; Miss Saigon; We Will Rock You; Mamma Mia (Showbiz Christchurch); Phantom of the Opera; Priscilla, Queen of the Desert and Wicked (Showbiz Christchurch & Musical Theatre Dunedin).
For the last 20 years Grant has been owner of The Light Site, designing and supplying lighting for theatre, outdoor events, themed dinners, product launches and corporate events. He also tutors for schools and theatre groups, and his work includes feature architectural lighting.
- 2020 - Jersey Boys - Lighting Designer
- 2018 - Jesus Christ Superstar - Lighting Designer
- 2017 - Chicago - Lighting Designer
- 2016 - Legally Blonde the Musical - Lighting Designer
- 2015 - Mary Poppins - Lighting Designer
- 2013 - The Mikado - Lighting Designer
- 2012 - Grease - Lighting Designer
- 2011 - A Shortcut to Happiness - Lighting Designer