$39 - $59
Karey Kirkpatrick and John O’Farrell
Music and Lyrics by
Wayne Kirkpatrick and Karey Kirkpatrick
Karey Kirkpatrick and Wayne Kirkpatrick
It’s 1595 London, and all the world’s a stage!
Something Rotten! follows playwrights Nick and Nigel Bottom as they struggle to find success in the shadow of rockstar-writer William Shakespeare. Thanks to the insight of a cunning soothsayer, Nick learns that ‘the next big thing’ includes acting, singing and dancing, and so the Bottom Brothers set out to write the world’s first musical.
Something Rotten! is witty, high energy and full of big musical numbers in which Broadway and the Bard hilariously collide.
“Broadway’s funniest, splashiest, slap-happiest musical comedy in at least 400 years...”
– TimeOut NY
- 25 November 2023: Opening night
- 27 November 2023: Forum - a special performance where audiences get to ask cast and crew questions after the show
- 5 December 2023: $25 Tuesday, on sale 9:30am Friday 24 November 2023
- 16 December 2023: Matinee performance at 2pm
- 27 January 2024: Closing night
We recognise the escalating expenses of daily life, which have introduced financial constraints on our capacity to relish leisure pursuits. Theatre, a unifying medium that facilitates the exchange of pivotal instants, entertainment, and sensory gratification, holds a special place.
The Court Theatre is committed to guaranteeing that the magic of theatre, along with the splendid productions meticulously crafted by our production team, artists, and performers, remains accessible to a wider audience. In light of this aspiration, we have taken the decision to curtail the ticket prices for the duration of the 2023 Season.
Standard Adult $59 Senior (65+) $59 Friends of The Court Theatre $59 Group (6+) 10% Discount* Child (under 18) $39 Student ID cardholders $39 Community Services or Hāpai Access cardholders $39 *Applies to Standard Adult, Friends, Child and Senior price tickets
Something Rotten is included in your Super Subscription, or you can bundle it with at least two other shows to Build Your Own subscription.
If you want more to see more New Zealand premieres, you could create a Premiere Subscription with:
- Sense and Sensibility
- Be Like Billy
- The Appleton Ladies Potato Race (NZ professional premiere)
If you want more some more laughs in your life, you could create a Shades of Comedy Subscription with:
- Sense and Sensibility
- The Appleton Ladies Potato Race
- Dance Nation
Add on – Scared Scriptless, Scriptless Attempts and The Jesters’ Holiday Show
If you love music in your theatre, you could create a Music Lover’s Subscription with:
- Be Like Billy
- Next to Normal
Add on – Frozen JR. (Family)
Covid – Your Booking is Safe with Us
To minimise the impact of possible Covid-related closures we employ understudies and swings for our cast and have contingencies to cover essential crew absences.
However, if a performance is affected by Covid and cannot go on, you will not lose out. We will attempt to rebook you to another performance in the show’s season or, if that is not possible, we can explore other options with you such as Court account credits or transferring your tickets to another show.
There are currently no Covid-related restrictions on attending The Court Theatre. However, as always, we encourage you to be mindful of good hygiene, for the sake of your own health, and that of other members of the audience, our cast, crew and staff.
If a show is cancelled:
- Performances most immediately impacted will be texted – to ensure that your details are up-to-date for this purpose, please log into your account (top right on our web pages) and review them now.
- Emails will be sent to all patrons affected outlining the dates of affected performance and the process that will follow to rebook. Typically this will be:
- rebooking your seats for the same night of the week within the following two weeks,
- endeavouring to book you into a similar spot in the auditorium, if possible.
- We telephone anyone we cannot contact via email.
- Your new booking will be emailed to you. If you require further changes, please email us.
We ask people not to phone our Box Office but rather to email us with special requests – this is easier for the team to handle when dealing with significant rebookings.