Jonathan graduated from The National Academy of Singing and Dramatic Arts (NASDA) with a Bachelor of Performing Arts.
Their Court Theatre credits include: In The Next Room or The Vibrator Play, The Producers, Baghdad, Baby!, The History Boys, Arsenic And Old Lace, Anything Goes, I Love You You're Perfect Now Change, Four Flat Whites In Italy, One Man Two Guvnors, La Cage Aux Folles, Shepherd, Romeo and Juliet, The Seagull and Cabaret.
Other theatre credits include: Avenue Q, Winston's Birthday, Twelfth Night, Into The Woods (Fortune Theatre, Dunedin), A Little Night Music (Canterbury Opera) and The Rocky Horror Show (Hamilton Operatic), NZ tour of Madagascar The Musical (GMG Productions)
Jonathan had the fortune of working on the Pop Up Globe stage in both Auckland and Australia in various productions including Henry V, As You Like It, A Midsummer Nights Dream, The Merchant of Venice and Twelfth Night. On-screen, he has featured in the Netflix film Falling Inn Love.
Jonathan Martin is a proud member of Actors Equity.
- 2021 - Little Shop of Horrors - Mr. Mushnik
- 2018 - In the Next Room, or the vibrator play - Dr Givings
- 2016 - Winston's Birthday - Dr Stephen Jenkins
- 2015 - Romeo & Juliet - Mercutio
- 2015 - Shepherd - Jeff Garrett
- 2014 - One Man, Two Guvnors - Stanely Stubbers
- 2011 - Five Women Wearing The Same Dress - Tripp Davenport
- 2011 - Midnight In Moscow - Hugh Toomey
- 2010 - Cabaret - Ernst Ludwig
- 2010 - Don't Mention Casablanca - Ludwig
- 2010 - The Sunshine Boys - Ben
- 2010 - The Seagull - Medvedienko
- 2009 - Anything Goes - Lord Evelyn Oakleigh
- 2009 - The Ugly Duckling - Various
- 2009 - Four Flat Whites In Italy - Italian Male
- 2009 - I Love you, You're Perfect, Now Change - Male One
- 2008 - Le Cage Aux Folles - Jean Michel
- 2008 - Baghdad, Baby! - Kilroy
- 2008 - Arsenic and Old Lace - Mortimer Brewster
- 2008 - The History Boys - Irwin
- 2007 - The Producers - Carmin Ghia
- 2006 - Guys and Dolls - Lt Brannigan