Paul is an actor, musical director, vocal coach and voice artist. He obtained a Bachelor of Music (Hons) from Victoria University and made his professional debut as an actor in 1980 at Circa Theatre, Wellington.
His previous Court Theatre credits include Long Day’s Journey into Night; The Merchant of Venice; La Cage aux Folles and The Wind in the Willows. He was most recently seen as Herbie in the world premiere of Backstage in 2009.
His other theatre credits include Cabaret; She Stoops to Conquer; Waiting for Godot; End of the Rainbow (Auckland Theatre Company); Take Me Out; The Goat; Under Milkwood (Silo Theatre); Private Lives; As You Like It; Tribes (Fortune Theatre, Dunedin); Hamlet and Twelfth Night (The Large Group, Auckland).
As a musical director and/or keyboards player Paul has worked on Assassins; Jacques Brel (Silo Theatre); Gypsy; She Loves Me and Big River (The Court Theatre). In 2013 he was musical director/pianist for the world premiere of Peter Skellern and Roger Hall’s You Can Always Hand Them Back.
Over the last three years Paul has both acted and played keyboards in national tours of South Pacific; The Sound of Music; The Buddy Holly Story and Saturday Night Fever.
In 1996 Paul was named an Associate of the Court Theatre.
- 2018 - Mum's Choir - Noel
- 2009 - Backstage - Herb
- 2008 - Under Milkwood - First Voice
- 1998 - The Jungle Book - Baloo
- 1996 - The Wind in the Willows - Badger
- 1996 - Caesar & Cleopatra - Ra / Rufio
- 1996 - Market Forces - John
- 1996 - The Queen & I - Prince Philip
- 1995 - Cold Turkey - Bruce
- 1995 - The Learner's Stand - Pete
- 1995 - She Loves Me - Head Waiter
- 1995 - The Wind in the Willows - Badger
- 1994 - Charley's Aunt - Sir Francis Chesney
- 1994 - Twelfth Night - Malvolio
- 1994 - Money & Friends - Alex
- 1994 - Arcadia - Bernard Nightingale
- 1993 - Larnach - Castle of Lies - Actor
- 1993 - Death & the Maiden - Gerardo Escobar
- 1993 - The School for Scandal - Crabtree
- 1993 - Joyful & Triumphant - Ted
- 1992 - Treasure Island - Dr Livesy
- 1992 - The Crucible - Reverand Hale
- 1992 - Hamlet - Polonius
- 1992 - Shadowlands - Christopher Riley
- 1992 - Jean & Richard - Richard Pierce
- 1992 - The Wind in the Willows - Badger
- 1991 - Daughters of Heaven - Mr Rieper
- 1991 - Gypsy - Herbie
- 1991 - Uncle Vanya - Telyeghin
- 1991 - Weed - Henry Donovan
- 1991 - Saint Joan - Archbishop of Rheims
- 1991 - Bus Stop - Dr Lyman
- 1990 - M Butterfly - Marc
- 1990 - The Merchant of Venice - Antonio
- 1990 - The Philadelphia Story - Mr Lord
- 1989 - Single Spies - Guy Burgess
- 1989 - Our Country's Good - Sideaway
- 1989 - Three Men on a Horse - Clarence Dobbins
- 1989 - A Streetcar Named Desire - Mitch
- 1989 - Glengarry Glenross - Williamson
- 1989 - The Three Musketeers - Porthos
- 1988 - Long Day's Journey into Night - Jamie
- 1988 - Much Ado About Nothing - Leonato