Matt began his career in London at the age of twenty-three, working as a marketing rep for a major London record label. He has since worked professionally in broadcast television and other media platforms, training as a studio floor manager before moving on to become a senior camera operator for British Sky Broadcasting. During this time, he gained considerable experience in all aspects of live television production in both studio and international field environments.
Matt returned to New Zealand to co-film, record sound and compose music for an adventure guide series for TVNZ. Over the last ten years he has composed music and designed sound effects for many major brand advertising and marketing films in New Zealand.
Matt joined The Court Theatre as the House Technician/Sound Designer at the beginning of 2018. His previous Court Theatre credits include Titus Andronicus; Easy Money; In the Next Room, or the vibrator play; The Littlest Ninja; Stephen King’s Misery; Mum’s Choir; Hansel and Gretel; Thumbelina; Elling; Les Liaisons Dangereuses; The Arsonists; The Pink Hammer and A Streetcar Named Desire.
Growing up in North Canterbury, Matt developed a passion for music from an early age. He formed rock bands in high school and university, becoming an accomplished guitarist.
- 2020 - A Streetcar Named Desire - Sound Designer
- 2019 - The Pink Hammer - Sound Designer/Operator
- 2019 - The Arsonists - Sound Designer
- 2019 - Les Liaisons Dangereuses - Sound Composer/Designer
- 2019 - Elling - Sound Designer
- 2019 - Thumbelina - Sound Designer
- 2018 - Hansel and Gretel - Sound Designer
- 2018 - Mum's Choir - Sound Designer
- 2018 - Stephen King's Misery - Operator
- 2018 - The Littlest Ninja - Sound Designer/Operator
- 2018 - In the Next Room, or the vibrator play - Sound Designer/Operator
- 2018 - Roger Hall's Easy Money - Sound Designer/Operator
- 2018 - Titus Andronicus - Operator