$20 - $25
Holly Chappell and Tom Eason
Controlled by men and constrained by corsets, four young Victorian women are drawn into the dark underground world of female boxing. The ring becomes a place where their lives, decisions and futures are in their own hands for the first time.
Performed by The Court Youth Company, this knockout drama is an epic tale of passion, politics and pugilism.
“…challenges traditional ideas about what women should be and what they should do... this account of female empowerment is as timely as it is original.”
– The Arts Desk
- 9 August: Opening night
- 19 August: Closing night
Adult $25 Senior (65+) $25 Friends of The Court Theatre $25 Group (6+) 10% Discount* Student ID cardholders $20 Community Services or Hāpai Access cardholders $20 *Applies to Standard Adult, Friends and Senior price tickets
Covid – Your Booking is Safe with Us
To minimise the impact of possible Covid-related closures we employ understudies and swings for our cast and have contingencies to cover essential crew absences.
However, if a performance is affected by Covid and cannot go on, you will not lose out. We will attempt to rebook you to another performance in the show’s season or, if that is not possible, we can explore other options with you such as Court account credits or transferring your tickets to another show.
There are currently no Covid-related restrictions on attending The Court Theatre. However, as always, we encourage you to be mindful of good hygiene, for the sake of your own health, and that of other members of the audience, our cast, crew and staff.
If a show is cancelled:
- Performances most immediately impacted will be texted – to ensure that your details are up-to-date for this purpose, please log into your account (top right on our web pages) and review them now.
- Emails will be sent to all patrons affected outlining the dates of affected performance and the process that will follow to rebook. Typically this will be:
- rebooking your seats for the same night of the week within the following two weeks,
- endeavouring to book you into a similar spot in the auditorium, if possible.
- We telephone anyone we cannot contact via email.
- Your new booking will be emailed to you. If you require further changes, please email us.
We ask people not to phone our Box Office but rather to email us with special requests – this is easier for the team to handle when dealing with significant rebookings.