$15 - $25
The Court Youth Company
Aotearoa’s history books are packed full of unsung heroes and hidden tales that our Court Youth Company are exploring in this brand-new, devised production.
Creating theatre based around their favourite Kiwi figures, our 21 young creatives will perform the completely unauthorised and completely compelling history of...
Special thanks to Canterbury Museum, Tanya Muagututi'a and Pacific Underground and Y Not for their assistance in bringing these stories to life.
- 8 December: opening night
- 11 December: closing night
- Adult/Senior/Supporter: $25
- Group (6+): $20
- Children: $15
COVID-19 and Vaccination Information
The Court Theatre and Vaccine Certificates
We are committed to keeping our guests and teams as safe and comfortable as possible. We ask for your support and encourage you to:
- PASS - have your current My Vaccine Pass ready to scan before entry to The Museum*.
- SCAN - scan in by using the NZ COVID Tracer app or sign in using the good old pen; recording your visit is essential.
- MASK - wear a mask/face covering at ALL times.
- always practice good hygiene and wash your hands frequently.
- cover coughs/sneezes, dispose of tissues and make use of the available hand sanitiser.
- refrain from attending the performance if you're feeling unwell. This will ensure a safe and comfortable experience for everyone.
If you're feeling unwell, please stay at home and let us know by either emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling our Box Office on 0800 333 100.
* Specifically, people over the age of 12 years and 3 months will be required to show proof of vaccination using My Vaccine Pass at point of entry. The Museum and Court Theatre staff reserve the right to refuse entry if the proper official documentation cannot be produced at point of entry. ID may be required to prove age.
Under the COVID-19 Protection Framework, more commonly called the traffic light system, to be introduced soon, the Government has mandated that indoor events (such as performances) will require staff and customers to be fully vaccinated.
Once the Ministry of Health advises that Canterbury can move to the traffic light system, The Court Theatre will require visitors to have a current vaccination certificate for entry to shows, or to access food or beverage, for people 12-years-old and over. This will enable us to maximise opportunities to operate at capacity, and as safely as possible, for our audience members, staff and cast members.
We will follow Government guidelines pertaining to the use of exemption certificates.
If you are not vaccinated by the time of your booked performance, then we will follow our re-booking (for a performance after you have been fully vaccinated) or refund process.
The implementation for the COVID-19 Protection Framework is still in development. While this progresses, we want to give everyone enough time to get fully vaccinated so that, once it is implemented, we can begin to share our community life again.
You can find more information about vaccination certificates here.
You can find more information about getting vaccinated here.
Our priority is the safety and wellbeing of our show attendees and supporters, artists, staff and the wider community. Once the Ministry of Health advises that Canterbury can move to the traffic light system, The Court Theatre will require visitors to have a current vaccination certificate for entry to shows, or to access food or beverage, for people 12-years-old and over. This will enable us to maximise opportunities to operate at capacity, and as safely as possible, for our audience members, staff and cast members. We will follow Government guidelines pertaining to the use of exemption certificates.
For more information please refer to the Government's COVID-19 website for the most up to date information.Housekeeping
This performance will be staged in our auditorium, where we're regularly sanitising surfaces, including cleaning seats and tables thoroughly between performances. We have also placed hand sanitiser dispensers throughout the foyer.
We also ask for your support in keeping our theatre clean and safe and encourage you, and all of our guests and employees, to:
- Always practice good hygiene and wash your hands frequently
- Place rubbish in the bin at the conclusion of your performance
- Cover coughs/sneezes, dispose of tissues and make use of the available hand sanitiser
- Refrain from attending the theatre if you're feeling unwell to ensure a safe and comfortable experience for everyone.