We are the aficionados. The keenest of the keen. We are The Court Supporters.
The Court Theatre is a not-for-profit charitable organisation, which means we depend on public support like yours. Yes, you can buy a box office ticket, but you can also do so much more. Joining The Court Supporters is the best way to volunteer at The Court Theatre.
About The Court Supporters
The Court Supporters is a voluntary group providing invaluable support to the theatre and contributing to the overall success of the company.
- Pay a small, annual membership fee
- We provide teams of ushers for all Court Theatre performances
- We own and operate the popular coffee bar
- We sponsor a production each season
- We provide the traditional opening night supper
- We raise funds for the general support and development of The Court
- We roll up our sleeves and help out whenever we’re needed
And in return…
- You’ll receive discounted seat prices for most Court Theatre productions
- Receive quarterly Court Cues newsletters by email or post with exclusive behind the scenes information about current and upcoming productions
- Be eligible to become part of a Front of House ushering team
Joining The Court Supporters gives you a chance to make a real difference in the Canterbury Arts Community - all for the love of it.
- Adult Single $40
- Adult Double $55
- Senior (65+ yrs) Single $30
- Senior (65+ yrs) Double $45
- Youth (<25 yrs) Single $25
Message from the Chair
I am absolutely delighted and very proud to be able to step forward as the new Chair of the Supporters and also to welcome Cheryl Colley as the new Deputy Chair.
David Winfield has steered us through the waters of the changing tides with John McSweeny by his side for the last six years and we are deeply grateful to David for his compassionate, professional and dignified leadership. The time and energy he has given to The Court and its Supporters is immeasurable. We are, however, lucky enough to have him remain on the committee to offer his advice, continue to run the Quiz Night and the Opening Night Suppers.
John has provided his wisdom and guidance as our deputy and for that too we are profoundly grateful. Thank you to you two wonderful people - your shoes will take some filling.
I have been part of The Supporters, this “life giving body" of the theatre for the past forty years and feel deeply that sense of ownership, that sense of pride and that sense of involvement that I know we all share. Staff, management, players, writers even governance come and go, but we The Supporters remain the steadfast rock on which this successful theatre stands and on which it will continue to stand where ever we may be going in the future.
Please continue this admirable support and dedication and we will journey together at full speed into the exciting future of The Court.
All the best
Chairman Court Theatre Supporters
Keep an eye out for our annual trivia quiz, coming up in September! More details, including a final date and time, will be announced soon.
- Court Cues