Daniel first started his involvement at The Court Theatre in 2000 through the High Schools Theatresports competition and ambassadors programme. In the years since he has performed with and directed for The Court Jesters, Forge shows, kids shows, play readings and mainstage productions.
He hails from North Canterbury and attended school at St Thomas of Canterbury College. He studied Commerce at University of Canterbury and gained a Certificate in Cookery at Ara. Daniel holds a Masters in Theatre Arts (Directing) from Toi Whakaari & Victoria University of Wellington.
Daniel’s directorial credits include Tubby for Dramasoc; BENT; I Betty Ya Didn’t Know That About Colonial New Zealand; Riddiford Street; PlayShop LIVE and Ax Trivia a TV pilot. His Court Theatre directorial credits include Three Little Pigs, The Ugly Duckling, A Very Merry Scriptless; ACHE; Peter Pan; Niu Sila; The Cat in the Hat; Little Red Riding Hood; The Wonderful Wizard of Oz; The Dunstan Creek Séance; The Events, You Can Always Hand them Back and Robin Hood.
He was the Associate Director of The Court Theatre from 2014 - 2016, the Artistic Director at Centrepoint Theatre from 2017 - 2019 and is the current Interim Artistic Director here at The Court.
- 2017 - The Ugly Duckling - Director
- 2017 - Robin Hood - Director
- 2016 - The Events - Director
- 2016 - The Early Early Late Show 2016 - Improviser
- 2016 - The Dunstan Creek Séance - Director
- 2016 - The Wonderful Wizard of Oz - Director
- 2015 - Little Red Riding Hood - Director
- 2015 - Niu Sila - Director
- 2014 - You Can Always Hand Them Back - Director
- 2014 - ACHE - Director
- 2014 - Dr Seuss's The Cat in the Hat - Director