Since 1992 Tanya has been in Pacific Underground (PU) an award-winning Performing Arts Collective, developing into the Lead Creative of plays, producing and directing. Alongside Pos Mavaega they continue on with shows and events like PU’s 25th Anniversary and one of the three shows being the revived Fresh Off the Boat by Oscar Kightley and Simon Small; artist’s residencies; supporting young artists, and innovative arts opportunities.
In 2021 they co-wrote with Talia-Rae Mavaega When the Sun Goes Down a lullaby for a national health campaign. During 2020’s lockdown, Tanya co-founded three new initiatives including No.3 Roskill Theatre Company, and then won two awards - The Adam NZ Play Award for Best Pacific Play for Scholars, and the Special Recognition Award at the CNZ Pacific Arts Awards.
Tanya’s varying roles on many of Aotearoa’s arts, community festivals and major events, has led to her current role as a Senior Producer at Kia Mau Festival - a Maori, Pacific and indigenous-led festival of the Arts in Wellington.
Tanya has been a mentor to many including YNOT Theatre Collective in Christchurch.
- 2021 - Disney's Moana JR. - Mentor / Pacific Underground Representative
- 2019 - Fresh Off the Boat - Director
- 2019 - Fresh Ink - Scholars Writer
- 2018 - Indelible Ink 2018 - Fresh Off the Boat Director
- 2018 - Ē Toru - Production Support for Y|NOT
- 2018 - Fresh Ink - Siana Actor/Musician
- 2017 - Māori and Pasifika Festival - Pacific Underground Writer/Producer