With over 30 years experience in hairdressing and performing, Sarah is no stranger to theatre both on and off the stage.
Sarah spent over three decades hairdressing in salons and spent five years as the South Island Education Manager for New Zealand hair product company, Schwarzkopf. She also managed one of of the country’s top education salons, Mod’s Hair. Sarah has tutored hair and stage makeup in theatre schools and to add another notch to her belt, is currently the wardrobe manager for MTNZ Consortium for Mary Poppins.
Sarah has worked with multiple production companies including New Zealand Opera and Ben McDonald, has worked on a number of international touring shows, and with Showbiz Christchurch where she has worked on their productions as Head of Department wigs and make-up, including Phantom of the Opera; Hairspray; and most recently, Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.
After retiring from the salon floor, Sarah landed a job with Elaine Paige on her 2013 tour of Australia, Asia and New Zealand. Sarah worked as Elaine’s personal dresser, which was the icing on any cake and a career highlight to work so closely with an international star of the stage.
As no stranger to The Court Theatre, Sarah has worked on nearly every production staged since 2013’s Grease. Working alongside the Wardrobe Department, Sarah will source, style and maintain the hair and wigs for The Court’s productions and marketing.
- 2017 - Steel Magnolias - Wigs Master
- 2016 - Legally Blonde the Musical - Wig and Hair Stylist
- 2016 - Educating Rita - Wig and Hair Stylist
- 2016 - Winston's Birthday - Wig and Hair Stylist
- 2015 - Mary Poppins - Wig and Hair Stylist
- 2015 - The Ladykillers - Wig and Hair Stylist
- 2014 - One Man, Two Guvnors - Wig and Hair Stylist
- 2014 - Plum - Wig and Hair Stylist
- 2013 - The Great Art War - Wig and Hair Stylist
- 2012 - Grease - Wig and Hair Stylist
- 2000 - Kiss me Kate - Ensemble
- 1996 - Market Forces - Julie
- 1996 - Mother Courage and her Children - Yvette Pottier
- 1996 - The Queen and I - Princess Diana
- 1995 - The Wind in the Willows - Ensemble
- 1995 - She Loves Me - Ilona Ritter