With over 30 years’ experience in both hairdressing and as a performer, Sarah is an expert in all aspects of theatre both on and off the stage.
Sarah was the South Island Education Manager for New Zealand hair product company Schwarzkopf for five years. She also managed one of the country’s top salons in education for Mod’s Hair.
With a Makeup Diploma also up her sleeve, Sarah has tutored hair and stage makeup for theatre schools and is currently the wardrobe manager for MTNZ Consortium for We Will Rock You.
She has worked with New Zealand Opera, on international touring shows and with Showbiz Christchurch as Head of Department Wigs and Makeup for Phantom of the Opera; Hairspray; Priscilla, Queen of the Desert; Wicked and We Will Rock You.
Sarah has been a regular with The Court Theatre’s productions since 2013’s Grease, the latest being the New Zealand premiere of Hedwig and the Angry Inch where her work is instrumental to the development of the main character.
In one of the most memorable highlights of her career, Sarah worked for Elaine Paige, ‘Britain's First Lady of Musical Theatre’ on her 2013 tour of Australasia, again in February 2019 and will re-join her on her tour of Ireland in October 2019.
- 2019 - Les Liaisons Dangereuses - Wig Designer
- 2019 - Hedwig and the Angry Inch - Wig and Hair Manager
- 2017 - Steel Magnolias - Wigs Master
- 2016 - Legally Blonde the Musical - Wig and Hair Stylist
- 2016 - Educating Rita - Wig and Hair Stylist
- 2016 - Winston's Birthday - Wig and Hair Stylist
- 2015 - Mary Poppins - Wig and Hair Stylist
- 2015 - The Ladykillers - Wig and Hair Stylist
- 2014 - One Man, Two Guvnors - Wig and Hair Stylist
- 2014 - Plum - Wig and Hair Stylist
- 2013 - The Great Art War - Wig and Hair Stylist
- 2012 - Grease - Wig and Hair Stylist
- 2000 - Kiss me Kate - Ensemble
- 1996 - Market Forces - Julie
- 1996 - Mother Courage and her Children - Yvette Pottier
- 1996 - The Queen and I - Princess Diana
- 1995 - The Wind in the Willows - Ensemble
- 1995 - She Loves Me - Ilona Ritter