Phil has been working as a professional actor for over thirty years. He studied theatre with Lisa Warrington at the University of Otago before debuting at Dunedin’s Fortune Theatre in 1988.
Performing at almost every major theatre in the country, Phil’s Court Theatre credits include La Cage Aux Folles; Gods of Warm Beer; Heartbreak House; The Seagull and One Man, Two Guvnors. He has also worked regularly for Radio NZ’s Drama Department and appeared in several roles for both small and large screen including The Lord of the Rings; King Kong; Bridge to Terabithia; Fresh Meat and The Hobbit, as well as Pete’s Dragon.
In 2011, Phil was awarded the eCaster Accolade for Outstanding Performance at the Chapman Tripp Theatre Awards for his role as Rob Muldoon in Slouching Towards Bethlehem.
- 2018 - The Biggest - Pat Chestnut
- 2016 - Waiora: Te ū kai pō – The Homeland - Steve Campbell
- 2014 - One Man, Two Guvnors - Harry Dangle
- 2010 - The Seagull - Shamraev
- 2009 - The Gods of Warm Beer - Max / Sid Holland
- 2009 - Heartbreak House - Burglar
- 2008 - La Cage Aux Folles - Dindan