Owen is a graduate of the Unitec school of Performing and Screen Arts in 1998 (Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts).
His previous credits at The Court Theatre include God Boy; Kiwifruits; Closer; Cabaret; Ache; Stag Weekend; Romeo and Juliet; Macbeth and Titus Andronicus. His other theatre credits include The Raft and The War Artist (Centrepoint Theatre).
Owen has appeared in numerous film and television productions, including The Making of the Mob 2: Chicago, Abandoned, Nancy Wake, Leeway and Darryl.
- 2019 - The Father - Man
- 2018 - Titus Andronicus - Titus Andronicus
- 2016 - Macbeth - MacDuff
- 2015 - Romeo & Juliet - Tybalt & Friar John
- 2014 - Stag Weekend - Tim
- 2014 - Mule (Live Reading) - Danny
- 2014 - Winston's Birthday (Live Reading) - Randolf Churchill
- 2014 - Ache - Actor 2
- 2010 - The Sea Gull - Konstantine
- 1999 - God Boy - Jimmy Sullivan
- 1999 - Cabaret - Clifford Bradshaw
- 1999 - Travesties - Tristran Tzara
- 1999 - Kiwifruits - Ben Corona/Celeste Sharp
- 1999 - Macbeth - Malcolm
- 1999 - Boys At The Beach - Bully
- 1999 - Closer - Dan