Melanie is a freelance theatre director based in Ōtautahi Christchurch. She holds a Master of Theatre Arts (Directing) from Toi Whakaari: New Zealand Drama School & Victoria University and a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Canterbury.
She is a previous Associate Director of The Court Theatre. Her Court Theatre directing credits include Groundswell; The Great Art War; Constellations; In The Next Room, or the vibrator play; A Streetcar Named Desire and numerous children’s shows.
Her other directing credits include The Collective (NASDA); Flagons and Foxtrots (Fortune Theatre); Noye’s Fludde (New Zealand Opera); Gameplan (Young and Hungry Arts Trust, Wellington); Twelfth Night (Wellington Summer Shakespeare) and Hamlet (Toi Whakaari).
Melanie is a founding member and the Artistic Director of Cubbin Theatre Company for whom she has created and directed Up and Away; Play Play and Me and My Nana.
- 2020 - A Streetcar Named Desire - Director
- 2018 - In the Next Room, or the vibrator play - Director
- 2018 - Crash Bash 2018: Risk Factors - Director
- 2016 - Macbeth - Assistant Director
- 2016 - Badjelly The Witch - Director
- 2015 - Youth Reaction - Director
- 2015 - Constellations - Director
- 2014 - The Hound of the Baskervilles - Director
- 2014 - White Rabbit, Red Rabbit - Director
- 2014 - When the Rain Stops Falling - Assistant Director
- 2013 - The Mikado - Assistant Director
- 2013 - Beauty and the Beast - Director
- 2013 - Postal - Director
- 2013 - The Great Art War - Director
- 2013 - Groundswell: Stories from the Quake - Director
- 2012 - The Gingerbread Man - Director