Hamish is a composer, sound designer, musical director, arranger and performer, and has a Masters degree in composition. He also lectures courses in sonic arts and music technology at Canterbury University and Ara Institute of Canterbury.
He has been the musical director for musicals at The Court Theatre, Showbiz Christchurch, North Canterbury Musical Society, The National Academy for Singing and Dramatic Arts and also for Welsh tenor Aled Jones’ 2008 Australian tour.
As a performer Hamish has toured Japan, China, Australia and New Zealand with artists such as Elaine Paige, Aled Jones and Hayley Westenra and has performed in New Zealand with Serj Tankian, Bic Runga, Anika Moa, The Adults, Michael Barrymore, Christchurch Symphony Orchestra and Auckland Philharmonia Orchestra among others. He features on the DVDs “Elaine Paige Live – Celebrating 40 Years on Stage“, “Hayley Westenra Live in Concert“, “Fiona Pears: Live at The Christchurch Cathedral“, and on Serj Tankian’s “Elect The Dead Symphony” live concert DVD.
Hamish has composed for video games, TV series, short films, documentaries, a feature film, and has been composing music and creating sound designs for plays at The Court Theatre since 1997.
- 2018 - Titus Andronicus - Sound Designer
- 2017 - Hamlet: The Video Game (the stage show) 2.0 - Musician / Composer / Sound Designer
- 2017 - Jack and the Beanstalk - Composer / Sound Designer
- 2016 - Legally Blonde the Musical - Swing
- 2016 - Matthew, Mark, Luke and Joanne - Music Editing
- 2016 - Badjelly The Witch - Musical Director / Sound Designer
- 2015 - Exit The King - Sound Designer
- 2015 - Hamlet: The Video Game (the stage show) - Musician / Composer / Sound Designer