Elsie Edgerton-Till has worked in Aotearoa and Australia as a director and actor.
Her extensive theatre experience includes professional directing engagements for Ensemble Theatre, Sydney Conservatorium of Music, New Zealand Playhouse, National Institute of Dramatic Arts, The Court Theatre, World Busker’s Festival and The Forge. As assistant director she has worked for Sydney Theatre Company, Opera Australia, Melbourne Theatre Company, Auckland Theatre Company and Sydney Chamber Opera.
In 2017 she was awarded a Glorias Fellowship to travel to the United States and observe with internationally renowned director Francesca Zambello. Elsie is a nominee for Best Director of a Play 2017 by Broadway World Australia for her work on The Plant.
Directing credits for the stage include the world premiere of The Plant [Ensemble Theatre]; La Calisto;The Fairy Queen [Sydney Conservatorium of Music]; the Australian premier production of Wasted [The Kings Collective]; a national tour of Phone A Friend [New Zealand Playhouse]; Book of Days [The New Theatre]; Moira MacKenzie’s Wheel of Fortune [The World Busker’s Festival];The Great Piratical Rumbustification; Antarctic Adventure; Goldilocks; The Elves and the Shoemaker [The Court Theatre]; Boys; Rausch; The Red Shoes [National Institute of Dramatic Arts]; A Midsummer Night’s Dream [The Canterbury Young Shakespeare Company]; Punk Rock [International Screen Academy] and Who’s Afraid Of Virginia Woolf [Canterbury Repertory Society]. In 2018 she will direct the premier season of Wonderbabe the Terrible with NORPA and Byron Bay Writers' Festival. Elsie has worked in Australia and New Zealand as a script assessor and a dramaturge on new work and lead script developments for a number of theatre companies. In 2014 she was an affiliate director with Griffin Theatre, Sydney.
In her time spent working in professional theatre as an actor, Elsie has appeared widely in productions of new New Zealand works, contemporary comedy, musicals and classics. Performance highlights include The Seagull; Under Milk Wood; Cabaret;The Female of the Species; The Country Wife [The Court Theatre]; ...POE [The Forge]; A Midsummer Night’s Dream [The Christchurch Arts Festival]. For many years she was a member of The Court Theatre’s ‘Court Jesters’, the longest-running professional improvisational theatre troupe in Australasia.
Elsie is a graduate of the National Institute of Dramatic Arts and holds a BA in English Literature and History from The University of Canterbury.
- 2018 - Puff the Magic Dragon - Director
- 2017 - Cabaret - Frenchie
- 2014 - Goldilocks and the Three Bears - Director
- 2014 - Mule - Rehearsed Reading - Director
- 2014 - The Early, Early Late Show - Performer
- 2013 - Why Are My Parents So Boring - Mum
- 2012 - Antarctic Adventure - Director
- 2012 - The Elves and the Shoemaker - Director
- 2011 - Lashings of Whipped Cream - Director
- 2011 - Love - Director
- 2010 - The Emperor's New Clothes - Princess
- 2010 - The Seagull - Nina
- 2010 - The Great Piratical Rumbustification - Director
- 2010 - The Female of the Species - Molly
- 2009 - Heartbreak House - Ellie Dunn
- 2009 - A True Account of the Regrettable Circumstances & Mysterious Demise of E.A.Poe - Olivia
- 2008 - Under Milk Wood - Performer
- 2007 - The Producers - Ensemble
- 2007 - The Glass Menagerie - Laura
- 2007 - The Country Wife - Mrs Pinchwife