The Court Theatre will stage a production of The Wind in the Willows at the end of 2019.
Season dates are:
Rehearsals start: Monday, 21 October, 2019
Opening night: Saturday, 23 November 2019
Closing: Saturday, 18 January 2020 (with a possible weeklong extension to 25 January)
We are inviting auditions for this production. The process is:
- Candidates are asked to submit a self-tape/video recording of their audition
- Auditions must be accompanied by a recent head shot and up to date CV for the candidate
- Closing date for submission of auditions is close of business on Monday, 26 August, 2019
- Submissions are to be sent to Susan Rendall at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Results of the first round will be announced by Monday, 2 September, 2019
- Successful candidates will need to attend a call back audition shortly after this
In Alan Bennett’s charming and eccentric adaptation of The Wind in the Willows, the whole of English society can be found in this well-loved satirical comedy.
Members of the ensemble will need to master two accents; an upper-class Edwardian accent and an accurate working-class London/cockney accent.
Auditionees will select a monologue, or two, of no more than one minutes duration in total, which suitably demonstrates these accents.
Please note: It will be detrimental to your cause if monologues run over a minute.
Auditions will be judged to be successful by the accuracy of the English accents and the suitability of the actor to the play’s ensemble.
Links are given below to an upper-class Edwardian accent. Auditionees should note how extreme these accents are and how trippingly (swiftly and with ease) these accents move along.
If auditionees wish to demonstrate any other English accent (eg A Peaky Blinders Birmingham accent) please feel free to do so.
In addition to the above, please would you indicate in your CV whether you are able to play a musical instrument, and what they are. Also, if you have any dance/circus/acrobatic training.