You might have heard the rumours… Titus Andronicus is Shakespeare’s bloodiest tragedy and our cast and crew took that definition quite literally.
With bucket-loads of blood and more than a few flying body parts, you may find moments where you feel a little queasy during the show.
Let us help:
- Only one actor actually dies in this show. See if you can pick which one…. Come twice to see if you were right!
- Put your head between your legs and think of Owen Black during his Shortland Street days
- Study the Titus poster programme intently to distract yourself from the squirting blood
- Grab a drink during the interval – a wine in each hand from Giesens @ The Court can solve anything
- Don’t have a pie for dinner before you come. Trust us.
- Remember: all that blood is just corn syrup and dye…. Or is it?
(If you genuinely do feel sick during the show, you are very welcome to step-out into the foyer… Or visit our bathroom if need be.)