$34 - $68
The last New Zealand war took place in Auckland in 1979. It lasted three minutes.
The Haka Party Incident resurrects the eventful day when a group of University of Auckland engineering students rehearsing their annual tradition of a mock haka are confronted by the activist group, He Taua.
The incident sent ripples through the nation and changed race relations in New Zealand forever.
“An innovative, brilliant piece of theatre all New Zealanders need to see.”
– NZ Herald
- 25 October 2023: Opening night
- 28 October 2023: Matinee performance at 4pm
- 11 November 2023: Matinee performance at 4pm
- 11 November 2023: Closing night
- Adult $62 - $68
- Senior (65+) $55 - $62
- Group (6+) 10% Discount on Standard Adult, Friends and Senior price tickets
- Friends of The Court Theatre $52 - $58
- Child (under 18) $34
- Student $34
- Community Services or Hāpai Access cardholders $34
The Haka Party Incident is included in your Super Subscription, or you can bundle it with at least two other shows to Build Your Own subscription.
If you want more Aotearoa plays, you could create an Aotearoa Play Subscription with:
- Sense and Sensibility
- Be Like Billy
Add on – Cinderella and Te Kuia me te Pungawerewere (Kids)
If you want more Drama in your life, you could create a Drama Lover’s Subscription with:
- Be Like Billy
- Next to Normal
Add on - Sweet Science of Bruising (Performed by our Youth Company)
Covid – Your Booking is Safe with Us
To minimise the impact of possible Covid-related closures we employ understudies and swings for our cast and have contingencies to cover essential crew absences.
However, if a performance is affected by Covid and cannot go on, you will not lose out. We will attempt to rebook you to another performance in the show’s season or, if that is not possible, we can explore other options with you such as Court account credits or transferring your tickets to another show.
There are currently no Covid-related restrictions on attending The Court Theatre. However, as always, we encourage you to be mindful of good hygiene, for the sake of your own health, and that of other members of the audience, our cast, crew and staff.
If a show is cancelled:
- Performances most immediately impacted will be texted – to ensure that your details are up-to-date for this purpose, please log into your account (top right on our web pages) and review them now.
- Emails will be sent to all patrons affected outlining the dates of affected performance and the process that will follow to rebook. Typically this will be:
- rebooking your seats for the same night of the week within the following two weeks,
- endeavouring to book you into a similar spot in the auditorium, if possible.
- We telephone anyone we cannot contact via email.
- Your new booking will be emailed to you. If you require further changes, please email us.
We ask people not to phone our Box Office but rather to email us with special requests – this is easier for the team to handle when dealing with significant rebookings.