$9 - $14
Step behind the curtain and see how the magic is created. Everything that appears on stage is thoroughly thought out and lovingly crafted to help our audiences enter an entirely new world when they take their seats for a show.
The Court creates everything on site, here at our Addington Shed, from the creation of grand sets in our workshop, to the crafting of astounding costumes you've seen in productions like Little Shop of Horrors.
A member of our Court Theatre team will host your tour, sharing stories of past productions and giving you a real taste of what goes on behind the scenes at the South Island's largest theatre company.
Each tour will also show you behind-the-scenes of a particular show currently on the mainstage.
Please note that as this tour will go through our workshop and backstage areas, closed toe shoes must be worn for health and safety reasons.
All proceeds from our backstage tours go directly to The Court's Education Programme.
- Child (under 12): $9
- Adult: $14
Covid 19 - Your Booking is Safe With Us
To minimise the impact of possible Covid-related closures we employ understudies and swings for our cast and have contingencies to cover essential crew absences.
However, if a performance is affected by Covid and cannot go on, you will not lose out. We will attempt to rebook you to another performance in the show’s season or, if that is not possible, we can explore other options with you such as Court account credits or transferring your tickets to another show.
There are currently no Covid-related restrictions on attending The Court Theatre. However, as always, we encourage you to be mindful of good hygiene, for the sake of your own health, and that of other members of the audience, our cast, crew and staff.
If a show is cancelled:
- Performances most immediately impacted will be texted – to ensure that your details are up-to-date for this purpose, please log into your account (top right on our web pages) and review them now.
- Emails will be sent to all patrons affected outlining the dates of affected performance and the process that will follow to rebook. Typically this will be:
- rebooking your seats for the same night of the week within the following two weeks,
- endeavouring to book you into a similar spot in the auditorium, if possible.
- We telephone anyone we cannot contact via email.
- Your new booking will be emailed to you. If you require further changes, please email us.
We ask people not to phone our Box Office but rather to email us with special requests – this is easier for the team to handle when dealing with significant rebookings.