Season subscriptions available now
Written and Directed by
There’s music coming from the Rehua Hostel on Springfield Road, with young apprentice John John making melodies and finding friends with each strum of his guitar.
Back then, in 1961, he never could have predicted where life would take him. Now in his 70s, John John reconnects with his past and tells his story; the story of the Rehua boys.
Written and directed by acclaimed New Zealand playwright Hone Kouka (Waiora), On Springfield Road is a stirring tale of whānau, music and the bonds that connect us through time.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS PLAY
“A play set in Ōtautahi, written for the people of Ōtautahi. Following a friendship born from a love of music and spanning over 50 years, Hone Kouka has created a play that is both epic and intimate. Featuring live music, On Springfield Road is a story told with humour and the sharp edge of truth.”
– Lead Director, Ross Gumbley
- 8 August 2020: opening night
- 10 August 2020: forum - a special performance where audiences get to ask cast and crew questions after the show
- 15 August 2020: backstage tour - a chance to step behind the scenes of On Springfield Road
- 22 August 2020: matinee performance at 2pm
- 29 August 2020: closing night
Until tickets are open to the general public, becoming a subscriber is the best way to book your seats. Purchasing a subscription gives you a range of benefits - including the opportunity to save up to 36% on ticket prices! Subscriber prices for On Springfield Road are:
- Adult: $51
- Senior: $48
- Supporter: $44
- Community Services or Kiwiable Leisure cardholders: $35
- Child (under 18): $30
- 30 Below (aged 30 & under): $30
When tickets go on-sale to the general public on, prices range between the following amounts, depending when you book in the season.
Top tip: tickets are always cheapest in the first two weeks of the season, when we offer our earlybird discount.