$85 - $100
Ben Waters, internationally renowned jazzy, jivey, boogie-woogie pianist, is interrupting his Australasian tour to support your theatre!
Ben, who has performed around the world with artists like The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry and Jools Holland, will be rocking out with a group of home-grown acts who are sure to have you tapping your toes.
The Court Jesters will entertain you from the minute you arrive. As they escort you down a tree-lined path, you will hear the dynamic tones of Rangi Ruru Girls’ School Jazz Combo with Kaia Johnstone on trumpet; Amelie Spinks on bass and vocals; Georgina Scott on drums and vocals; and Pippa Lange on keys and vocals. Having been together for over a year, this enthusiastic group jumped at the opportunity to perform with Ben Waters at this special fundraiser for The Court Theatre.
All profits from ticket sales; donations made at the time of booking, during and after the event; and moneys received for the outstanding auction items will go to The Court's future building project. The Court has one hell of a journey ahead of it and in five years we will look back and say “we did it together”.
What to Expect
- Parking Uber, taxi or drop offs are preferred, however, there is parking available in a nearby field – keep an eye out for signage as you arrive. Wear sensible walking shoes (should be great for dancing too).
- Canapés and Drinks will be served as you enter the event area.
- Seating will be limited so we invite you to bring your own picnic blanket and/or chairs.
- Dinner will be a simple affair with ham on the bone accompanied by delicious fresh breads and delightful condiments. This will be available from 7pm for you to enjoy.
- Drinks will also be available from the bar throughout the evening. Please note that the bar will become “cash only” at about 8.30pm. Complimentary drinks up until that point. The bar closes at 10.30pm.
The show will go on if it is damp or cool. But if its hail, snow or gale force winds the show may be cancelled – keep up to date by visiting this webpage.
- Supporters/Sponsors: $85
- General Admission: $100