Matthew Everingham is a music director, composer and pianist from Christchurch whose music has been heard around New Zealand and the world. Matthew holds a Bachelor of Music (Composition) from the University of Canterbury and an Associate Diploma (Piano) from Trinity College London.
Matthew’s Court Theatre credits include The Events and Puss in Boots as musical director and Legally Blonde; Mary Poppins; Red Riding Hood and The Little Mermaid as a deputy musical director and pianist.
Other credits as a musical director include Sister Act (Showbiz Christchurch), Ragtime and Working (NASDA) and The Last Five Years (Kindle Theatre), while work as deputy musical director and pianist includes Hairspray, Mamma Mia, Evita, Spamalot, Phantom of the Opera and Buddy with Showbiz Christchurch. Matthew also enjoys work as a music director, accompanist and musicianship tutor at NASDA and as a choral conductor around the city.
As a composer, Matthew’s work has been performed and recorded in London, Prague, Malta, Miami and around New Zealand. Highlights include his composition Fractures, which premiered in Westminster Abbey as well as having work performed around New Zealand by the NZ Trio and winning the Douglas Lilburn Trust Composition Award. Matthew recently returned from the New York University Film Scoring Workshop with Mark Snow (X Files) and Michael Levine (Cold Case/ /Hunger Games) where he scored a short film, recorded by a Prague studio orchestra. In 2017 Matthew will complete a LLB(Hons) degree in law from the University of Canterbury.
- 2018 - In the Next Room, or the vibrator play - Music Arranger
- 2016 - Legally Blonde the Musical - Assistant Conductor / Keyboard 2
- 2016 - The Events - Musical Director
- 2016 - Puss in Boots - Composer / Sound Designer
- 2016 - The Little Mermaid - Sound Designer
- 2015 - Mary Poppins - Keyboard
- 2015 - Little Red Riding Hood - Composer / Sound Designer
- 2015 - The Early Early Late Show 2015 - Pianist