Hamish has enjoyed a two-decade-long career as a composer, sound designer, musical director, arranger and performer for television, film, video games and theatre and has a Master’s degree in composition. He lectures at Canterbury University and has been composing music and creating sound designs for plays at The Court Theatre since 1997.
As a performer Hamish has toured Japan, China, Australia and New Zealand with Elaine Paige, Aled Jones and Hayley Westenra and has performed in New Zealand with Serj Tankian, Shapeshifter, Bic Runga, Julia Deans, Anika Moa, The Adults and Michael Barrymore among others. He plays piano and celeste for the Christchurch Symphony Orchestra and has had two composition commissions from them. He features on live concert DVDs from Elaine Paige, Hayley Westenra and Serj Tankian.
His awards include the APRA Professional Development Award, given to further Hamish’s research into video game composition.
- 2020 - Lysander's Aunty - Sound Designer/Composer
- 2019 - Escape from Haunted House - Sound Designer/Composer
- 2019 - The Father - Sound Designer/Composer
- 2019 - The Princess and the Frog (and the Robber!) - Sound Designer/Composer
- 2019 - Time Machine - Sound Designer/Composer
- 2018 - Jesus Christ Superstar - 2nd Keys Sub
- 2018 - A Paintbox of Clowns - Composer/Sound Designer
- 2018 - Titus Andronicus - Sound Designer
- 2017 - Hamlet: The Video Game (the stage show) - Musician / Composer / Sound Designer
- 2017 - Jack and the Beanstalk - Composer / Sound Designer
- 2016 - Legally Blonde the Musical - Swing
- 2016 - Matthew, Mark, Luke and Joanne - Music Editing
- 2016 - Badjelly The Witch - Musical Director / Sound Designer
- 2015 - Exit The King - Sound Designer
- 2015 - Hamlet: The Video Game (the stage show) - Musician / Composer / Sound Designer