A veteran New Zealand actor with 43 years in the business, Bruce has been involved in acting, directing and writing in film, television and radio.
He has appeared in over 150 theatre productions all over the country, and many TV ads.
For 22 years he was a co-artistic director of Circa Theatre in Wellington.
Bruce has just finished Bright Star by Stuart Hoar in Auckland’s Herald Theatre.
Of Bruce’s 15 Court Theatre appearances since 1980, the latest have been A Shortcut to Happiness; August: Osage County; When the Rain Stops Falling; Le Sud and, in 2018, Roger Hall's Easy Money.
His film credits include The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and The Return of the King; Out Of The Blue and The Insatiable Moon. His television credits include Country GP; Worzel Gummidge Down Under; Neighbourhood Watch; Hercules; This Is Not My Life; Go Girls; Agent Anna; Blue Rose and Len Cooper in Shortland Street.
- 2019 - Elling - Alfons Jorgensen
- 2018 - Roger Hall's Easy Money - Sir Robert Kingswood
- 2015 - Le Sud - Francois Duvauchelle
- 2014 - When The Rain Stops Falling - Joe Ryan
- 2013 - August: Osage County - Charlie Aiken
- 2011 - A Shortcut to Happiness - Ned
- 2005 - The Goat, or Who Is Sylvia? - Martin
- 2003 - Middle Aged Spread - Colin
- 2002 - The Cherry Orchard - Gayev