For young people aged 15-21
Training with our YOUTH CREW provides the skills required to operate safely under supervision in entry level roles and often leads to casual employment at The Court Theatre. Students are taught by a variety of professionals across the field and learning will take place through practical application.
At the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an introductory understanding of the roles and skills needed to work in performing arts and events venues;
- Work safely as part of a supervised crew on entry level tasks;
- Communicate and interact with team members;
- Receive instructions, give and receive feedback, reflect on learning;
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of health and safety procedures and responsibilities;
- Demonstrate self-management skills, including time management and personal presentation.
Youth Crew members will experience six weeks of tutoring in Term 2 and Term 3, which will cover all elements of technical theatre, design and stage management. In addition to teaching Youth Crew will also have opportunities to be involved in both Youth Company Productions and Theatresports as crew.
Sessions are held at The Court Theatre, and sometimes offsite at places of interest, on Saturdays from 10am-1pm.
Youth Crew 2017 will start on Saturday 13 May, 2017.
Saturday 13 May
Saturday 20 May
Saturday 27 May
Saturday 10 June
Saturday 17 June
Saturday 24 June
At the end of June there will be opportunities to be involved in crewing the Youth Company Show.
Saturday 5 August
Saturday 12 August
Saturday 19 August
Saturday 26 August
Saturday 2 September
Saturday 9 September
At the end of September there will be opportunities to be involved in crewing the Senior Theatresports Final.
be involved, in a large scale way, in the Youth Company production.
apply for an internship within a department of choice to be conducted within the following year.
be considered for casual work at The Court Theatre.
To book a place on this course please follow the link above. If you would like more information, please email our Education Manager.