Matatihi Maia’s Journey of Bravery: 29 May – 3 Jul 2017
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time: 18 March – 22 April 2017
Waiora: Te ū kai pō – The Homeland: 13 Aug – 03 Sept 2016
- Waiora Education Resource (4mb)
- Waiora Image Gallery
- The Court’s Waiora Video Series:
- Playwright Hone Kouka answers students’ submitted questions
- Waiora School Matinee Post Show Forum
- Start – Did you have to compromise yourselves?
- 2:26 – has the raw emotion of the play ever caught you off guard?
- 4:55 – Did you have doubts about putting on this production?
- 6:11 – What techniques did you use to embody your characters?
- 7:35 – What is theatre like compared to film or TV?
- 9:24 – How long did the final climax take to rehearse?
- 10:48 – Who are the Tipuna?
- 12:25 – Is Rongo dead or alive at the end?
- 14:08 – How do you build a character?
- 15:21 – Has working on this play impacted on how you view the issues presented in it?
- 17:03 – Can you relate to your characters?
Matariki – The Little Eyes in the Sky: 30 May – 6 Jul 2016
Macbeth: 5 – 26 March 2016
- Macbeth (show page)
- Macbeth Education Resource (12mb pdf)
- Macbeth Costume Designs
- Textural Approriation: How Shakespeare Twisted History in Macbeth
- Macbeth – The Court’s dark voyage into corruption and tyranny
- The Court’s Macbeth Video Series:
Maui and the Sun: 03 Aug – 4 Sept 2015
Niu Sila: 6 Jun – 14 Jul 2015
Romeo and Juliet: 30 May – 20 Jun 2015
- Romeo and Juliet (show page)
- Romeo and Juliet Education Pack (6mb pdf)
- Education Media Release (pdf)
- Romeo and Juliet Comes to the Court for the first time (blog post)
- The R&J Diary: Fight Club (blog post)
- The R&J Diary: The Man with the Plan (blog post)
- The R&J Diary: Day One (blog post)
- Sharing Shakespeare (blog post)
Le Sud: 14 Mar – 18 Apr 2015
Shepherd: 07 – 28 Feb 2015
One Man, Two Guvnors: 22 Nov 2014 – 15 Jan 2015
Stag Weekend: 25 Oct – 08 Nov 2014
TomTom’s Musical Adventure: 2014 Primary Schools Touring Show
You Can Always Hand Them Back: 06 Sep – 10 Oct 2014
Plum: 09 – 30 Aug 2014
Blood Brothers: 28 Jun – 02 Aug 2014
A Midsummer Night’s Dream: 30 May – 21 Jun, 2014
Getting into Acting
The Cast of That Bloody Woman talk about how they started their acting and musical careers, and who were the inspirations for their characters.
Working With Wigs
Wig Specialist Sarah Greenwood chats about her work on the wigs for The Court Theatre’s production of One Man, Two Guvnors.
Writing NZ Plays
New Zealand playwright Pip Hall describes how she wrote Ache, a modern love story about timing and seizing the day.
Mark McEntyre talks about the set design for The Court Theatre’s production of ‘When the Rain Stops Falling’.
Advice for Aspiring Actors
Mark Hadlow talks about the approach needed to become an actor and teaching Shakespeare.
Playwright Hone Kouka answers questions submitted by a student audience about his play Waiora.